Health inspectors and officials have instructed even the doctors and nurses belonging to Palassery district hospital, over the fear of Nipha virus spreading all over the district. Kerala has been badly affected by Nipah virus. The virus enters through the fruits bitten by Fruit bats, and the consumption of such fruits bitten by bats, by human beings, leads to transmission of virus into human beings as well.
Due to the destructive killing spree of the deadly virus, 16 people have already lost their lives in kerala. While 2 had been infected by Nipah virus and admitted in the Palassery hospital, they had passed away without responding to the treatment. In such a scenario, for safety purposes, the senior health officer has instructed the 4 doctors and nurses along with the support sanitary staff of the hospital to go on a leave.
The replacement doctors have been
appointed at the hospital, and a report will be submitted on Nipah virus in the
court by Kozhikode collector Yuvi Jose. As a precautionary measure, after the
summer holidays, none of the schools in Kozhikode and Malappuram were reopened
yesterday, and a new school reopening date has been set to June 5th.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!