New Delhi sources stated that Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has shot of a letter to Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan demanding to stop Polavaram National Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh with immediate effect. Meanwhile when raising the concerns of Odisha state, he asked the Centre to stop the Polavaram Irrigation Project until the problems of the Odisha people are cleared. Moreover he alleged that the people of Odisha would face problems if the project goes ahead in the present form without addressing the problems of Odisha.
As per report in his letter, Naveen stated that he had written letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi twice on the same issue and requested him to stop the Polavaram works. Furthermore Naveen in his letter said that Sabari and Sileru river waters have to be addressed. He said the construction of Polavaram Irrigation Project without addressing the above issues is violation of the guidelines issued by the Godavari Water Dispute Tribunal.
Moreover Naveen also said that the Resettlement & Rehabilitation
(R&R) is also yet to be resolved and hence demanded the Centre to stop the
Polavaram Irrigation Project with immediate effect. Further given that the
fresh hurdles are coming from Modi's close friend and NDA's ally BJD's Naveen
Patnaik, several doubts are now raised over the timing of these letters.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!