According to sources within days of taking charge as the Chief Minister of Karnataka, H D Kumaraswamy has banned state government officials from carrying mobiles to his meetings. Meanwhile the state government said that this was done to enforce discipline and avoid diversions. State's Chief Secretary K. Ratna Prabha told in Bengaluru "The Chief Minister has directed to ensure that the officials do not carry mobile phones to the meetings to avoid distractions and to enforce discipline".
Moreover when calling it a welcome move, the Chief Secretary said the decision to ban mobile phones will ensure that the officials contribute effectively to the meetings. She said "It is a welcome step by the Chief Minister as distractions through mobile phones will be removed during crucial meetings". Accordingly the Chief Minister's decision came 10 days after he took charge on May 23 and held only a few meetings with the officials.
Furthermore a senior officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
rank in the state, however, declined to comment on Kumaraswamy's order.
Moreover this development also comes days after the Department of Public
Instruction issued a circular calling for a ban on the use of mobile phones by
government school teachers in the state during school hours.
Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards Sources from Karnataka stated that in 2014, the Karnataka government introduced the first free Wi-Fi hotspot in Bengaluru’s MG Road. As per report, the disuse and slow speed rendered the project useless. Now, the government is planning to set up free Wi-Fi spots at public places in all 198 wards in the city
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!