Mumbai sources reported that the ED had questioned Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, in connection with a money laundering probe related to a bitcoin transactions case. Meanwhile the businessman was summoned at the ED office here and was asked questions about his involvement in the trade, termed as illegal by the government.
As per report there are some instances of the case that are linked to Kundra and hence, he has been asked to record his statement, the officials said without elaborating. Moreover the Enforcement Directorate (ED), sometime back, had registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against bitcoin based investment website GainBitcoin, its founder Amit Bhardwaj and eight others.
Furthermore it is alleged that about 8,000 investors lost about Rs 2,000
crore funds by transacting in this scheme. Moreover the ED had filed its case
based on an FIR of the Maharashtra Police in this case and the Pune Police
arrested Bhardwaj and his brother Vivek from Delhi earlier. Previously Finance
Minister Arun Jaitley had informed Parliament that there are no regulations
governing virtual currencies in India and the RBI has not given any licence to
any entity/company to operate such currencies.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India