Mumbai sources reported that the ED had questioned Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, in connection with a money laundering probe related to a bitcoin transactions case. Meanwhile the businessman was summoned at the ED office here and was asked questions about his involvement in the trade, termed as illegal by the government.
As per report there are some instances of the case that are linked to Kundra and hence, he has been asked to record his statement, the officials said without elaborating. Moreover the Enforcement Directorate (ED), sometime back, had registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against bitcoin based investment website GainBitcoin, its founder Amit Bhardwaj and eight others.
Furthermore it is alleged that about 8,000 investors lost about Rs 2,000
crore funds by transacting in this scheme. Moreover the ED had filed its case
based on an FIR of the Maharashtra Police in this case and the Pune Police
arrested Bhardwaj and his brother Vivek from Delhi earlier. Previously Finance
Minister Arun Jaitley had informed Parliament that there are no regulations
governing virtual currencies in India and the RBI has not given any licence to
any entity/company to operate such currencies.
Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45 According to sources toll in cyclone Gaja has touched 45, Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami said on Sunday and appealed to leaders of all political parties to take part in the relief activities. As per report he said the relief operations were going on a war footing in the districts affected by the cyclonic storm and state ministers have been deployed in Nagapattinam, Thanjavur,
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja