Mumbai sources reported that the ED had questioned Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty, in connection with a money laundering probe related to a bitcoin transactions case. Meanwhile the businessman was summoned at the ED office here and was asked questions about his involvement in the trade, termed as illegal by the government.
As per report there are some instances of the case that are linked to Kundra and hence, he has been asked to record his statement, the officials said without elaborating. Moreover the Enforcement Directorate (ED), sometime back, had registered a criminal case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against bitcoin based investment website GainBitcoin, its founder Amit Bhardwaj and eight others.
Furthermore it is alleged that about 8,000 investors lost about Rs 2,000
crore funds by transacting in this scheme. Moreover the ED had filed its case
based on an FIR of the Maharashtra Police in this case and the Pune Police
arrested Bhardwaj and his brother Vivek from Delhi earlier. Previously Finance
Minister Arun Jaitley had informed Parliament that there are no regulations
governing virtual currencies in India and the RBI has not given any licence to
any entity/company to operate such currencies.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!