According to sources with fuel prices on the rise in India, shared mobility has gained more importance than ever and cashing in on this opportunity are Ola and Uber, which continue to push their shared mobility offerings Ola Share and UberPool respectively. Meanwhile Global studies suggest one shared vehicle has the potential to take 9-13 cars off the road.
Moreover ever since both players launched their respective shared mobility offerings, they have been positioning them as a medium to reduce CO2 emissions, reduce traffic congestion and of course, fuel costs. As per report UberPool is present in 12 cities overall. Over 39% of all Uber trips in Kolkata are uberPooL trips, followed by Bengaluru (37%). Meanwhile in Chennai and Bengaluru, the number of Uber Pool trips increased by two times each with a 228% increase in Chennai and a 218% increase in Bengaluru.
Presently Ola too, claims that Ola Share saw 2X
growth in the past one year with Bengaluru and Kolkata registering maximum
shared rides. Furthermore these cities were followed by Chennai and Mumbai. Moreover
as per data shared by Ola, it has seen a 60% increase in the use of Ola Share
by office goers and a 70% increase in adoption of Ola Share from mass transit
hubs like metro stations and bus depot in top 7 cities with Bengaluru,
Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pune registering the maximum adoption, followed
by Hyderabad and Delhi.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue