According to sources with fuel prices on the rise in India, shared mobility has gained more importance than ever and cashing in on this opportunity are Ola and Uber, which continue to push their shared mobility offerings Ola Share and UberPool respectively. Meanwhile Global studies suggest one shared vehicle has the potential to take 9-13 cars off the road.
Moreover ever since both players launched their respective shared mobility offerings, they have been positioning them as a medium to reduce CO2 emissions, reduce traffic congestion and of course, fuel costs. As per report UberPool is present in 12 cities overall. Over 39% of all Uber trips in Kolkata are uberPooL trips, followed by Bengaluru (37%). Meanwhile in Chennai and Bengaluru, the number of Uber Pool trips increased by two times each with a 228% increase in Chennai and a 218% increase in Bengaluru.
Presently Ola too, claims that Ola Share saw 2X
growth in the past one year with Bengaluru and Kolkata registering maximum
shared rides. Furthermore these cities were followed by Chennai and Mumbai. Moreover
as per data shared by Ola, it has seen a 60% increase in the use of Ola Share
by office goers and a 70% increase in adoption of Ola Share from mass transit
hubs like metro stations and bus depot in top 7 cities with Bengaluru,
Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pune registering the maximum adoption, followed
by Hyderabad and Delhi.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways Lucknow sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated two major national highways and an inland waterways project at his parliamentary constituency. Accordingly the two roads have a combined length of 34 km and have been laid at a cost of Rs. 1,571.95 crore. Meanwhile the
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!