Media reports added that Patanjali, a company that’s been dominating the FMCG space, wanted to launch its own WhatsApp alternative for local Indians. Accordingly the Kimbho app was supposed to be a big entrant into the Indian youth sphere. Meanwhile Patajanli wanted to leverage its wide popularity and national awareness to traverse into the tech space as well.
Moreover the popularity of Patanjali couldn’t mirror that of Kimbho, there were several mistakes that should have been caught early on by their team. Presently the app has faced a lot of criticism over its poor technology and security lapses. Furthermore a lot of hacks and errors can be processed through the app. As per report the app was also said to have been a white-washing of an existing chat app called BOLO and further this was pointed out by internet researchers, privacy activists and global ethical hackers.
Patajnali claims that they have received 1.5lakhs downloads, the data is
yet to be fully released “Our trial version of kimbho app is no longer
available for download on any platform. We don't take any responsibility for
many duplicate apps showing anywhere. Beware. Please stay tuned,” moreover with
dozens of copycats flooding the market, Patanjali needs to work with Google to
remove these fake accounts before the problem gets out of hand.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018