The Superstar Rajinikanth starrer Kaala has released today worldwide. While there was much opposition by fringe elements in Karnataka who demanded a ban of the movie due to several statements by Superstar on the Cauvery water issue, the court had ordered the government to offer police protection to the theaters playing Kaala.
However, the movie faced lots of struggles before finally releasing in Karnataka. Now, finally, bookings have begun in several theaters of Karnataka for Kaala. Kaala has been generally receiving mixed to average reviews all over, but the opposition against Kaala in Karnataka has not reduced a bit.
Yesterday, several Kannada outfits
protested against some theaters that had planned to exhibit Kaala, and had
planned to indulge in violence. However, the police intervened on a timely
manner, and had arrested the protesters, and from noon show, the
movie has started to release in several theaters in Bangalore and other main
cities of Karnataka. The fringe elements have been arrested and extra police
forces are currently deployed to protect theaters.
Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK? Accordingly the fate of the 23rd edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) is uncertain due to paucity of funds as the state is going through a rebuilding process after being hit by the worst ever floods last month and usually IFFK is held in December every year.
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana