United Nations sources added that group of young Indian entrepreneurs, inspired to find solutions for women safety following the December 16, 2012 gang rape, have won a million dollar prize by developing a wearable smart device that women can use to send out emergency alerts if threatened or assaulted.
Meanwhile the New Delhi based Leaf Wearables was among the five finalists selected from 85 teams hailing from 18 countries for the million dollar prize instituted by eminent Indian-American philanthropists Anu & Naveen Jain called 'Women's Safety XPRIZE'. Presently the technology start-up, founded by students of IIT Delhi and Delhi Technological University, won the prize for their project 'Safer Pro', an enhanced new version of their earlier smart safety devices.
Furthermore as per report prominent entrepreneurs
and philanthropists, partnered with non-profit organization XPRIZE to create
the Anu & Naveen Jain Women's Safety XPRIZE aimed at addressing the safety
of women and girls by leveraging technology. Moreover teams participating in
the challenge had to create a device, costing no more than USD 40 and able to
work without internet, that can inconspicuously trigger an emergency alert if a
woman is facing a threat and transmit information to a network of community
responders, all within 90 seconds.
Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives? New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi