United Nations sources added that group of young Indian entrepreneurs, inspired to find solutions for women safety following the December 16, 2012 gang rape, have won a million dollar prize by developing a wearable smart device that women can use to send out emergency alerts if threatened or assaulted.
Meanwhile the New Delhi based Leaf Wearables was among the five finalists selected from 85 teams hailing from 18 countries for the million dollar prize instituted by eminent Indian-American philanthropists Anu & Naveen Jain called 'Women's Safety XPRIZE'. Presently the technology start-up, founded by students of IIT Delhi and Delhi Technological University, won the prize for their project 'Safer Pro', an enhanced new version of their earlier smart safety devices.
Furthermore as per report prominent entrepreneurs
and philanthropists, partnered with non-profit organization XPRIZE to create
the Anu & Naveen Jain Women's Safety XPRIZE aimed at addressing the safety
of women and girls by leveraging technology. Moreover teams participating in
the challenge had to create a device, costing no more than USD 40 and able to
work without internet, that can inconspicuously trigger an emergency alert if a
woman is facing a threat and transmit information to a network of community
responders, all within 90 seconds.
FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter Lahore sources stated that the Lahore Police took the action on a written complaint of the polio team, which visited the Faisal Town residence of the film star where his wife "resisted and then misbehaved with the team". Accordingly Pakistan is one of the three countries in the world, along with Afghanistan and Nigeria that suffers from endemic polio. Polio virus can cause paralysis or death.
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8