As per report Google has successfully completed its public Wi-Fi program to provide India's railway stations with free internet, with Dibrugarh in Assam becoming the 400th station to go live on Thursday. Meanwhile Google had, in collaboration with Railtel, launched free Wi-Fi services to 400 railway stations as a key initiative under the government's Digital India program in 2016. Accordingly Google has successfully completed its public Wi-Fi program to provide India's railway stations with free internet, with Dibrugarh in Assam becoming the 400th station to go live on Thursday.
Earlier Google had, in collaboration with Railtel, launched free Wi-Fi services to 400 railway stations as a key initiative under the government's Digital India program in 2016. K. Suri, Director, Partnership India, Next Billion Users, Google India, said in a statement that "Bringing high speed connectivity to millions of Indians across railway stations has been an incredible journey and underscores the importance of investing in public Wi-Fi as a crucial step in getting high quality internet to everyone in India”.
He added "With over eight million monthly
unique users connecting to the network, this is a lighthouse project for India
and every growing economy that is looking to bring the benefit of connectivity
to everyone in their country. Railway stations are a microcosm that is India
and creating a digital inclusion platform is in line with the vision of our
Prime Minister and Digital India initiatives of the Ministry of Railways”.
Furthermore within the first year of the project, 100 of the busiest railway
stations across India were made internet friendly.
Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet Sources from Kolkata stated that TD president and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu said that parties opposed to the BJP would meet before the Parliament Winter Session begins December 11, instead November 22 as scheduled. Meanwhile he said the schedule was changed due to the ongoing election campaign in five states. Furthermore when talking to media persons after meeting
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!