In the past one year, more than 49329 work establishments have been closed, leading to the unemployment of around 5,19,075 people in Tamilnadu, as per a recent report. The Micro and small scale industries have always played a pivotal role in the economy of Tamilnadu.
These small scale industries were essential in the production and selling of goods like leather goods, readymade garments, plastic items electronic etc. Besides, the spare parts for bigger, large scale industries are also developed by small scale ones. These small scale industries export 40% goods. The GST was implemented last year's July, and due to this, 18% tax was imposed on small and micro industries.
Due to the heavy increase in prices,
the small industries are facing a tough time even to purchase raw materials.
The loss of jobs of more than 5 lakhs people had been reported by the TN
government. In 2007-08, there were more than 25000 small scale industries, with
employment offers for more than 2,45,000 people. With the increased investment
and the needs, the number of people employed increased to 18 lakhs. However, in
2017-18, with the closure of more than 50000 industries, lots of people have
lost their jobs. With the introduction of GST, the investments had increased,
following which, the jobs have drastically reduced.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites