Sources from China stated that when the one child/one-birth policy was introduced in 1979, its motive was to control the Chinese population numbers from spiraling out of control due to the lack of housing and other facilities. Accordingly this long term problem is what has led to China’s changing of the controversial scheme in 2015. Meanwhile it is projected that by 2050, almost a quarter of China’s population will be over 65 years of age, according to the Asian Development Bank, a slightly higher rate than in the U.S. and more than twice India’s share.
Moreover the replacement, i.e., the two-child policy, still does not end the principle of government control over reproduction, say campaigners. Presently government has gone as far as using the media to encourage university students to have babies while studying. Hence women continue to delay pregnancies and even marriage while also favoring smaller families, leading to low fertility rates. Further as a society becomes wealthier, their preference for a traditional larger family decreases, say scholars.
Moreover as a result, China is strongly expected to scrap all kinds of
reproductive limits, even as soon as this year, after decades of human rights
abuses and widening demographic imbalances. People continue worry that the
measure might not be sufficient to save the world’s second-largest economy from
becoming like its aging counterparts like Japan.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week