Beijing sources reported that India refused to back China's Belt and Road project at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit which ended in the Chinese city of Qingdao on Sunday. Accordingly the name of all member countries except India figured in the paragraph of the joint declaration endorsing Beijing's multi-billion dollar project.
Meanwhile India on earlier occasions too has not shown support for the project, the key artery of which goes through the disputed part of Kashmir claimed by New Delhi and held by Pakistan. The declaration said "The Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan reaffirm their support for the 'Belt and Road Initiative' proposed by China and affirm that all parties should implement the 'Belt and Road Initiative' to promote the 'Belt and Road' initiative”.
Earlier in the day, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said New Delhi
supported connectivity but not at the cost of sovereignty and territorial
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week