Accordingly the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is taking no chances this year, having fully equipped itself ahead of the monsoon to tackle any flooding in the city. The municipal body said “The GHMC has taken up a survey to identify dilapidated structures in all circles. The structures which were already demolished and repaired were removed from the list and new structures were identified. As per report the total number of dilapidated building was about 996, out of which 667 structures were demolished in the last 3 years”.
It added “The desiltation of all open nalas, covered drains and small drains was taken up on an annual basis throughout the year and Rs 2,662.10 lakh was sanctioned. So far 2.4 lakh cubic meters of silt has been removed from the drains, which is 0.1 cubic meter more than the desilting last year”.
Furthermore stating that it has deployed teams ready to tackle water logging,
inundation and other problems that low lying areas could face this monsoon, the
GHMC also said that several enforcement drives were conducted to remove
encroachments on drains. GHMC said 1,252 properties were identified encroaching
around 83 nalas, out of which 372 properties were removed. Moreover the GHMC
has also deployed teams with all necessary equipment for road repairs and for
dewatering low lying areas with pump sets if there is water logging.
#HappyIndependenceDay - PM Modi's Full Speech on 71 years of Independence The Prime Minister Narendra Modi took it to Twitter to express his Independence day wishes early in the day. The Independence Day celebrations began in Delhi, as the Army contingent headed by Major Suraj Pal, Navy contingent lead by MYV Tejas and Airforce contingent lead by Praveen Narayan were prepared for Independence day activities.
- #IndiaIndependenceDay - Modi unfurls the Tricolor flag at Redfort and address the Nation
- Why was August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Do you know why August 15 chosen as Independence Day??
- Rahul Gandhi says TRS Chief was no less than Modi
- Wishes to all Indians on this 72nd Independence Day, PM Modi's speech to rock India
- Rajnikanth lashes out at Tamil Nadu Chief minister - "You are not MGR or Jayalalitha..."
- Janasena Party President blames TDP MPs involved in corruption
- Omarosa Manigault repeated that Trump is a "racist, misogynist & bigot
- Rains in Kerala caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore: CM
- Supreme Court recently told Indian government to restore Taj or demolish it
- Kasturba Gandhi, the larger than life shadow of Mahatma Gandhi
- Know about Ashoka Chakra and 24 Spokes
- MK. Stalin camp says possibility of Alagiri's re-induction into party seems unlikely
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker passes away
- Chief justice unites couple!