Accordingly the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is taking no chances this year, having fully equipped itself ahead of the monsoon to tackle any flooding in the city. The municipal body said “The GHMC has taken up a survey to identify dilapidated structures in all circles. The structures which were already demolished and repaired were removed from the list and new structures were identified. As per report the total number of dilapidated building was about 996, out of which 667 structures were demolished in the last 3 years”.
It added “The desiltation of all open nalas, covered drains and small drains was taken up on an annual basis throughout the year and Rs 2,662.10 lakh was sanctioned. So far 2.4 lakh cubic meters of silt has been removed from the drains, which is 0.1 cubic meter more than the desilting last year”.
Furthermore stating that it has deployed teams ready to tackle water logging,
inundation and other problems that low lying areas could face this monsoon, the
GHMC also said that several enforcement drives were conducted to remove
encroachments on drains. GHMC said 1,252 properties were identified encroaching
around 83 nalas, out of which 372 properties were removed. Moreover the GHMC
has also deployed teams with all necessary equipment for road repairs and for
dewatering low lying areas with pump sets if there is water logging.
AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power Usually, Bureaucrats can sense the change of the Power. The officers who are on the government side will suddenly switch sides to the new party if the change is imminent. But things are different in Andhra Pradesh. Some senior IAS officers close to LV Subrahmanyam called for a meeting of the AP IAS Officers’ Association at Punnami Ghat guest house in Vijayawada.
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...
- UNICEF & ASCI signed MoU