Accordingly the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is taking no chances this year, having fully equipped itself ahead of the monsoon to tackle any flooding in the city. The municipal body said “The GHMC has taken up a survey to identify dilapidated structures in all circles. The structures which were already demolished and repaired were removed from the list and new structures were identified. As per report the total number of dilapidated building was about 996, out of which 667 structures were demolished in the last 3 years”.
It added “The desiltation of all open nalas, covered drains and small drains was taken up on an annual basis throughout the year and Rs 2,662.10 lakh was sanctioned. So far 2.4 lakh cubic meters of silt has been removed from the drains, which is 0.1 cubic meter more than the desilting last year”.
Furthermore stating that it has deployed teams ready to tackle water logging,
inundation and other problems that low lying areas could face this monsoon, the
GHMC also said that several enforcement drives were conducted to remove
encroachments on drains. GHMC said 1,252 properties were identified encroaching
around 83 nalas, out of which 372 properties were removed. Moreover the GHMC
has also deployed teams with all necessary equipment for road repairs and for
dewatering low lying areas with pump sets if there is water logging.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas