Accordingly the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is taking no chances this year, having fully equipped itself ahead of the monsoon to tackle any flooding in the city. The municipal body said “The GHMC has taken up a survey to identify dilapidated structures in all circles. The structures which were already demolished and repaired were removed from the list and new structures were identified. As per report the total number of dilapidated building was about 996, out of which 667 structures were demolished in the last 3 years”.
It added “The desiltation of all open nalas, covered drains and small drains was taken up on an annual basis throughout the year and Rs 2,662.10 lakh was sanctioned. So far 2.4 lakh cubic meters of silt has been removed from the drains, which is 0.1 cubic meter more than the desilting last year”.
Furthermore stating that it has deployed teams ready to tackle water logging,
inundation and other problems that low lying areas could face this monsoon, the
GHMC also said that several enforcement drives were conducted to remove
encroachments on drains. GHMC said 1,252 properties were identified encroaching
around 83 nalas, out of which 372 properties were removed. Moreover the GHMC
has also deployed teams with all necessary equipment for road repairs and for
dewatering low lying areas with pump sets if there is water logging.
Will Tamilnadu Telecom Employees be declared as Govt Employees? Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’.
- Spanish Royal Couple anchored by Trump
- Which pair do you think will most likely get hitched?
- Sri Reddy explained what happened inside her Bedroom
- TDP targets Buggana complaints to Speaker
- Will Ganta Srinivasa Rao lose in Bheemili constituency in 2019 polls?
- Envoy says Xi Jinping watched Dangal on multiple occasions
- Rahul sets his eyes on AP politics
- A drunken detector taxi from Uber!
- Madras Mozart becomes Sikkim ambassador!
- Ulaga Nayagan meets Rahul Gandhi!
- Sakshi Dhoni requests pistol for safety!
- Centre gave Rs 1.50 lakh crore to AP in four years
- Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor
- Choreographer allegedly made a hoax Bomb Call after missing Flight
- How has practicing Yoga changed your life?