Chennai sources reported that Telecom major Bharti Airtel has chalked out plans to deploy 12,000 new mobile sites in the state taking the total to 52,000 during the current fiscal. Meanwhile under its network transformation program 'Project Leap,' Bharti Airtel plans to add 12,000 new mobile sites to enhance network capacity and take high speed data services into rural areas.
Meanwhile a company statement said with this planned roll out, the number of Airtel's mobile sites across Tamilnadu will go up by 30% to 52,000 and add to network experience for customers. Moreover on its plans to expand broadband, the company said it plans for 3,000 kms of fresh optic fibre cable across the State taking the fiber footprint to 17,000 kms.
It said the addition of fresh fiber capacity will support the growth of high
speed data services. Company CEO, Tamilnadu and Kerala, Manoj Murali said "As
part of the Project Leap, our network transformation initiative, we will
continue to channel investments towards building a world class future ready
network. These investments underline our strong commitment to Tamilnadu”. Further
the company claimed that it was the number one mobile operator and was the
first to launch 4G services in the State. Bharti Airtel has 23 million
customers in Tamilnadu.
Sulphuric Acid Leakage in STERLITE Copper - Locals evacuated, Officials are examining the plant Thoothukudi district administration office has sent officials to examine the Vedanta owned Sterlite Copper Plant's sulphuric acid leak reported in a storage unit of the plant which was sealed. Chemicals and hazardous waste from the place will be removed, said the Thoothukudi Collector Sandeep Nanthuri.
- Shocking Details on How Telugu Couple lured Young Actresses into Sex Racket
- Why Chandrababu Naidu real face became evident while receiving PM?
- YSR Congress hopeful of by-elections to Lok Sabha
- Suspected Boko Haram jihadists killed 31 people in a twin suicide bomb attack
- Union Government facing a lot of ire from Andhra people
- Will Kim Kardashian enter politics?
- JDS challenge to Modi!
- Operation Amma to save Hinduism!
- Goof up in Delhi with LG confusion!
- Edappadi's requests to PM!
- 6 Feet long reptile spotted moving beneath a couch at Puducherry Airport
- Lagadapatis survey Not a surprise for AP
- Famous Mount becomes World's Highest Rubbish Dump
- Smart card to be launched by end of 2018 for Chennai Metro Passengers
- Naidu bowed and melted before Modi