Hyderabad sources added that a toll free helpline aimed at providing counseling for people living with diabetes and diabetic retinopathy was launched here yesterday. Meanwhile former cricketer V V S Laxman unveiled the helpline 18001212096, an initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), in association with the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust UK.
According to sources, the helpline would be available in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and expanded to other parts of the country later, a release said "India is home to the second largest number of adults living with diabetes worldwide, after China. There were 72 million cases of diabetes in India in 2017 and this number is to double by 2025”.
Moreover Laxman, who made the first call after launching the helpline,
lauded the initiative. Recalling that renowned cricketer Wasim Akram, who was
one of the best performers of his time, never let it be known that he was a
diabetic and Laxman said it showed that the condition can be managed. Laxman
said "But knowing how to do, how to manage, addressing that is very important
and that's where he feels this helpline is very, very important”.
Sulphuric Acid Leakage in STERLITE Copper - Locals evacuated, Officials are examining the plant Thoothukudi district administration office has sent officials to examine the Vedanta owned Sterlite Copper Plant's sulphuric acid leak reported in a storage unit of the plant which was sealed. Chemicals and hazardous waste from the place will be removed, said the Thoothukudi Collector Sandeep Nanthuri.
- Shocking Details on How Telugu Couple lured Young Actresses into Sex Racket
- Why Chandrababu Naidu real face became evident while receiving PM?
- YSR Congress hopeful of by-elections to Lok Sabha
- Suspected Boko Haram jihadists killed 31 people in a twin suicide bomb attack
- Union Government facing a lot of ire from Andhra people
- Will Kim Kardashian enter politics?
- JDS challenge to Modi!
- Operation Amma to save Hinduism!
- Goof up in Delhi with LG confusion!
- Edappadi's requests to PM!
- 6 Feet long reptile spotted moving beneath a couch at Puducherry Airport
- Lagadapatis survey Not a surprise for AP
- Famous Mount becomes World's Highest Rubbish Dump
- Smart card to be launched by end of 2018 for Chennai Metro Passengers
- Naidu bowed and melted before Modi