Hyderabad sources added that a toll free helpline aimed at providing counseling for people living with diabetes and diabetic retinopathy was launched here yesterday. Meanwhile former cricketer V V S Laxman unveiled the helpline 18001212096, an initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), in association with the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust UK.
According to sources, the helpline would be available in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and expanded to other parts of the country later, a release said "India is home to the second largest number of adults living with diabetes worldwide, after China. There were 72 million cases of diabetes in India in 2017 and this number is to double by 2025”.
Moreover Laxman, who made the first call after launching the helpline,
lauded the initiative. Recalling that renowned cricketer Wasim Akram, who was
one of the best performers of his time, never let it be known that he was a
diabetic and Laxman said it showed that the condition can be managed. Laxman
said "But knowing how to do, how to manage, addressing that is very important
and that's where he feels this helpline is very, very important”.
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week