Hyderabad sources added that a toll free helpline aimed at providing counseling for people living with diabetes and diabetic retinopathy was launched here yesterday. Meanwhile former cricketer V V S Laxman unveiled the helpline 18001212096, an initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), in association with the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust UK.
According to sources, the helpline would be available in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and expanded to other parts of the country later, a release said "India is home to the second largest number of adults living with diabetes worldwide, after China. There were 72 million cases of diabetes in India in 2017 and this number is to double by 2025”.
Moreover Laxman, who made the first call after launching the helpline,
lauded the initiative. Recalling that renowned cricketer Wasim Akram, who was
one of the best performers of his time, never let it be known that he was a
diabetic and Laxman said it showed that the condition can be managed. Laxman
said "But knowing how to do, how to manage, addressing that is very important
and that's where he feels this helpline is very, very important”.
Will Revanth Reddy quit politics? Accordingly Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) working president Revanth Reddy said the people of Telangana conferred a greater responsibility on the Praja Kutami with the TRS's win in the elections. Meanwhile irrespective of his chances in Kodangal, he will keep fighting for the public.
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high