The Madras High Court was scheduled to give its verdict in the disqualification of 18 AIADMK MLAs for activities against the party. The court had faced a number of petitions against Speaker P Dhanapal’s decision taken in last September which disqualified the MLAs who then withdrew support to the current AIADMK government headed by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami and his deputy chief minister, O.Pannerselvam. The disqualified MLAs are now in support of independent MLA Dinakaran, who was earlier ousted from AIADMK.
In a most expected verdict, the court has pronounced that the disqualification persists. As the court supports the Speaker’s decision, bypolls will be held sooner for the 18 vacant seats. In case it had dismissed the disqualification order, the AIADMK government would have been in a situation to prove its majority in a floor test in the House. Currently, ruling party is technically in the minority because it has been obvious that the 18 MLAs will vote against EPS and end the government.
With 18 vacant seats, the House is now reduced to 216 members. The ruling AIADMK has 116 MLAs, and the Opposition owns 98 seats, with 89 DMK MLAs, eight Congress and one from IUML. TTV Dinakaran recently entered the House by winning RK Nagar bypolls.
Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan The Telugu Desam Party has launched criticism of chief secretary LV Subramaniam. Minister of Finance Yanamala Ramakrishna released a statement on him. He blamed the Chief Secretary appointment and his decisions in a statement. Yanamala disagreed with the Chief Secretary's interference on the affairs of the Finance Department.
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad