Washington sources reported that an official announcement was expected on Friday, an informed source told on Thursday that Trump's approval came after a meeting on Thursday with top economic officials, including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer.
Moreover in response to the development, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang reiterated that Beijing would not honor its pledge to increase purchases of US goods if tariffs were imposed. Earlier Beijing said it would respond to American tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese exports with retaliatory tariffs on $50 billion of US products such as cars, planes and soybeans.
Furthermore for months, Trump has slow walked threats of tariffs against
China as punishment for intellectual property theft. Accordingly he first
announced that the US would impose trade penalties on about $50 billion of
Chinese goods in March. Moreover the countries said in a joint statement that
China would "significantly increase" purchases of US agricultural and
energy products to reduce the trade imbalance, a top Trump administration
demand. Mnuchin subsequently declared the trade war "on hold".
Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project? According to sources Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has called for an all party meeting on Thursday to discuss the Mekedatu project which has been planned across the Cauvery River by the government of Karnataka. Meanwhile the notice read “In order to discuss about the permission granted by the BJP led central government to Karnataka to build a dam across river Cauvery
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!