Actress Trisha has escaped from a critical situation where she was supposed to pay a penalty of 1.16 crores. Trisha had given her income tax records that in the financial year 2010- 2011, she had earned an income of rupees 89 lakhs.
However, the income tax department had accused that the actress had earned an additional amount of 3.52 crores and had cheated the income tax department with fake documents and calculations. Trisha has also slapped a penalty of rupees 1.16 crores in this case. Opposing this decision, Trisha had filed a petition challenging the decision of the income tax department.
The committee had investigated the case, and today canceled the 1.16 crore penalty imposed on Trisha. Now, the income tax department officials have made an appeal in the Chennai high court. However, the high court has also endorsed the decision of the income tax committee. Besides, it was announced that Trisha had in fact given proper accounts for the 3.52 crores. Thanks to the court verdict, Trisha who has escaped a huge loss, and is relieved.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code