Accordingly as per new UNICEF analysis the United Nations sources stated that India is among almost 90 countries in the world which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UN agency said almost two thirds of the world’s children under one year old nearly 90 million live in countries where their fathers are not entitled by law to a single day of paid paternity leave.
As per report India and Nigeria, which have high infant populations, are among the 92 countries which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UNICEF noted that around the world, momentum for family-friendly policies was growing and it cited the example of India, where officials are proposing a Paternity Benefit Bill for consideration in the next session of Parliament which would allow fathers up to three months of paid paternity leave.
Furthermore after noting that much work remains to
be done, the UN agency said in eight countries across the world, including the
United States which is home to nearly four million infants, there was no paid
maternity or paternity leave policy. Moreover other countries with high infant
populations, including Brazil and Congo, all have national paid paternity leave
policies, although offering relatively short term entitlements.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open