Guatemala City sources reported that recently tourists from a Japanese cruise ship that docked in Guatemala this week have raised more than $11,000 for those affected by the eruption of the Fuego volcano in the Central American country. Accordingly the ship, Asuka II, arrived in Puerto Quetzal on the country's Pacific coast on June 11 and at the initiative of the crew and the passengers, the funds were raised.
As per report from Japanese Embassy "The passengers and crew made a gesture of "fraternity and solidarity" with the people of Guatemala in the face of the tragedy and natural disaster caused by the eruption of the volcano". Accordingly the Fuego volcano suffered its biggest eruption in recent years on June 3, leaving 110 dead and almost 200 missing, in addition to causing significant material damage. Earlier on Friday, the volcano produced seven explosions per hour and small pyroclastic flows.
Moreover Guatemala's National Institute for Seismology, Volcanology,
Meteorology and Hydrology said that the volcano, located some 50 km west of the
capital, has been producing between five and seven moderate explosions per hour
and has belched out ash clouds rising 4,700 metres into the air.
More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19 According to sources a low pressure area that has formed over the Bay of Bengal will bring in much needed rain to Chennai, but will then move on to northern coastal and interior districts that are still recovering from the heavy cyclonic winds that caused loss of life and property this week. Meanwhile as per report from IMD, the low pressure area is likely to strengthen over the next 24 hours and will move north to make landfall on the Tamilnadu coast.
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment