Guatemala City sources reported that recently tourists from a Japanese cruise ship that docked in Guatemala this week have raised more than $11,000 for those affected by the eruption of the Fuego volcano in the Central American country. Accordingly the ship, Asuka II, arrived in Puerto Quetzal on the country's Pacific coast on June 11 and at the initiative of the crew and the passengers, the funds were raised.
As per report from Japanese Embassy "The passengers and crew made a gesture of "fraternity and solidarity" with the people of Guatemala in the face of the tragedy and natural disaster caused by the eruption of the volcano". Accordingly the Fuego volcano suffered its biggest eruption in recent years on June 3, leaving 110 dead and almost 200 missing, in addition to causing significant material damage. Earlier on Friday, the volcano produced seven explosions per hour and small pyroclastic flows.
Moreover Guatemala's National Institute for Seismology, Volcanology,
Meteorology and Hydrology said that the volcano, located some 50 km west of the
capital, has been producing between five and seven moderate explosions per hour
and has belched out ash clouds rising 4,700 metres into the air.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!