London sources stated that the UK government has caused outrage with its decision to exclude Indian students from a new list of countries considered “low risk” in order to facilitate an easier visa application process to UK universities. Presently in changes to its immigration policy tabled in Parliament yesterday, the UK Home Office announced a relaxation of the Tier 4 visa category for overseas students from around 25 countries.
Meanwhile on a list already covering countries like the US, Canada and New Zealand, the Home Office has added on the likes of China, Bahrain and Serbia as countries from where students would face reduced checks on educational, financial and English language skill requirements to study at British universities. Moreover the changes, which come into effect on July 6, aim to make it easier for international students to come to study in the UK.
As per report India has
been left out of this new expanded list, which means Indian students applying
for similar courses will continue to face rigorous checks and documentary
requirements. Lord Karan Bilimoria, Indian-origin entrepreneur and
President of the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA),
described the move as an “insult” to India and another example of Britain's
“economically illiterate and hostile attitude to immigration”. Moreover India
has always been one of Britain's closest allies and an emerging global economic
superpower and is damaging what has always been a special relationship between
Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President? It has been reported from US media that, the 63 year old former Pepsico CEO based out of India Indra Nooyi is in contention for the role of president of World Bank. Indra Nooyi had for 12 years lead beverage company Pepsico before she had stepped down last year. US President Donald Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka Trump who is a part of the selection committee that decides nominees
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team