Sources from Kano, Nigeria reported that two blasts ripped through the town of Damboa in Borno state Saturday evening targeting people returning from celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, in an attack bearing all the hallmarks of Boko Haram. Meanwhile following the suicide bombings, the jihadists fired rocket propelled grenades into the crowds that had gathered at the scene of the attacks, driving the number of casualties higher.
Militia leader Babakura Kolo told "There were two suicide attacks and rocket propelled grenade explosions in Damboa last night which killed 31 people and left several others injured”. Moreover two suicide bombers detonated their explosives in Shuwari and nearby Abachari neighborhoods in the town around 10:45 pm (2145GMT), killing six residents, said Kolo, speaking from the state capital Maiduguri, which is 88 kilometers from the town. Kolo said "No one needs to be told this is the work of Boko Haram”.
Moreover a local government official, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity, confirmed the death toll. The official added "The latest death
toll is now 31 but it may increase because many among the injured may not
survive”. Further the jihadist group has deployed suicide bombers, many of them
young girls, in mosques, markets and camps housing people displaced by the
nine-year insurgency which has devastated Nigeria's northeast.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!