Sources from Kano, Nigeria reported that two blasts ripped through the town of Damboa in Borno state Saturday evening targeting people returning from celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, in an attack bearing all the hallmarks of Boko Haram. Meanwhile following the suicide bombings, the jihadists fired rocket propelled grenades into the crowds that had gathered at the scene of the attacks, driving the number of casualties higher.
Militia leader Babakura Kolo told "There were two suicide attacks and rocket propelled grenade explosions in Damboa last night which killed 31 people and left several others injured”. Moreover two suicide bombers detonated their explosives in Shuwari and nearby Abachari neighborhoods in the town around 10:45 pm (2145GMT), killing six residents, said Kolo, speaking from the state capital Maiduguri, which is 88 kilometers from the town. Kolo said "No one needs to be told this is the work of Boko Haram”.
Moreover a local government official, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity, confirmed the death toll. The official added "The latest death
toll is now 31 but it may increase because many among the injured may not
survive”. Further the jihadist group has deployed suicide bombers, many of them
young girls, in mosques, markets and camps housing people displaced by the
nine-year insurgency which has devastated Nigeria's northeast.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!