Thoothukudi district administration office has sent officials to examine the Vedanta owned Sterlite Copper Plant's sulphuric acid leak reported in a storage unit of the plant which was sealed. Chemicals and hazardous waste from the place will be removed, said the Thoothukudi Collector Sandeep Nanthuri.
The location was visited by a special team consisting of Sub-Collector M.S. Prasanth, who is a District Environment Engineer belonging to the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, Besides officials from Revenue and Fire departments. Sterlite Copper has applied requested to the state government to offer limited access to a smelter for performing mandatory safety audits to avoid chemical leak incidents though the government is yet to give permission for the same.
Collector has said that since the Government has ordered to seal the plant, district authorities have no authority to allow Sterlite to perform audits without orders from TN government. It must be noted that the Tamil Nadu government had ordered the sealing and permanent closure of Sterlite Copper factory, after violence in the district lead to the killing of 14 people by policemen. The government had followed the TNPCB order to close the unit to safeguard the environment and the people.
HAL former chief on Rafel controversy! Former HAL chief Swarna Raju has said that Rafel war aircrafts could have been developed by Hindustan Aeronautics limited. Till before three weeks, Swarna Raju had been the chief of HAL, and now he has opened up on the Rafel scam. As per the agreement between central government and French government
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?