According to sources minor leak has been detected in the sulphuric acid storage plant in Vedanta’s south Indian copper smelter, a government official said on Sunday, about a month after the state ordered its shutdown after protests in which 13 people died. Earlier police opened fire on a crowd of protesters on May 22 calling for the shutdown on the grounds of pollution. Presently the Tamilnadu state government then ordered a permanent shutdown.
Accordingly a leakage was observed in the sulphuric acid storage plant. Sandeep Nanduri ,The district’s top administrative official, said “It doesn’t look problematic, but we have decided to evacuate the storage as a safety precaution”.
As per report Vedanta Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of Vedanta Resources PLC
which operates the smelter, did not immediately respond to a request seeking
comment. Moreover the smelter accounted for over a third of India’s refined
copper output, and India is set to see a rise in copper imports following the
shutdown. Sulphuric acid, a corrosive byproduct of smelting, is used by
fertilizer and chemical companies as a raw material.
Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200! More than 200 people have lost their lives in a fatal boat accident in Tanzania. Tanzania is a small country located in East Africa, and Lake Victoria is an important lake separating Tanzania and Uganda. In such a situation, a huge accident has happened in Lake Victoria, with a boat. A boat has capsized, impacting the lives of more than 200 people on board the boat.
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app