According to sources minor leak has been detected in the sulphuric acid storage plant in Vedanta’s south Indian copper smelter, a government official said on Sunday, about a month after the state ordered its shutdown after protests in which 13 people died. Earlier police opened fire on a crowd of protesters on May 22 calling for the shutdown on the grounds of pollution. Presently the Tamilnadu state government then ordered a permanent shutdown.
Accordingly a leakage was observed in the sulphuric acid storage plant. Sandeep Nanduri ,The district’s top administrative official, said “It doesn’t look problematic, but we have decided to evacuate the storage as a safety precaution”.
As per report Vedanta Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of Vedanta Resources PLC
which operates the smelter, did not immediately respond to a request seeking
comment. Moreover the smelter accounted for over a third of India’s refined
copper output, and India is set to see a rise in copper imports following the
shutdown. Sulphuric acid, a corrosive byproduct of smelting, is used by
fertilizer and chemical companies as a raw material.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!