CBI former joint director retired IPS officer V V Lakshminarayana is more into the faremrs’ issues after his retirement. He started his public life in Guntur interacting with the farmers and the farm labourers. He had toured Srikakulam and Nellore districts in the last couple of months and is now touring the West Godavari district.
While claiming that he is trying to understand the farmers’ issues, Lakshminarayana remains silent on his political affiliation. It was initially speculated that Lakshminarayan would align with Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan. But, later, rumours went round speculating that the former CBI joint director is moving close to the BJP. The AP BJP leaders too welcomed it and felt he is right choice for the party to be strengthened in the State. But, he had brushed all these rumours aside and is on his own mission touring district after district.
In his tour in the West Godavari district, Lakshminarayana backed the demand of the farmers seeking remunerative price for agriculture products, Rs 10,000 investment subsidy on par with the Telangana State and Rs 8 lakh life insurance for every farmer. At a meeting of the representatives of farmers and farmers’ associations, Lakshminarayana supported the action programme of building state level agitation from June 25.
Interestingly, Lakshminarayana had been favouring a farmers’ united movement ever since he jumped into active politics. He wants the farmers to be united and get organised under one banner to be a strong force. It is for this reason, he is seen in the midst of the farmers wherever he goes. Like late N G Ranga, the former IPS officer wants to be the leader or champion of the farming community.
Keeping himself away from the media, Lakshminarayana had been working his way to be branded as farmers’ leader. If one goes by the path that he had chosen to be a public personality, he is emerging slowly as the representative of the dominant but voiceless segment of the farmers. However, to be successful in politics, just being with the farmers is not enough and he should represent the issues of the several voiceless sections.
PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit Sources from Singapore stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Singapore on Wednesday for a two day visit during which he will attend the East Asia Summit, an ASEAN India informal meet, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership summit and hold a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence. Meanwhile the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) said in a tweet PM Modi's
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan