The Opposition YSR Congress Party had ridiculed the Telugu media house, Andhra Jyothi-sponsored poll survey which was released the previous day. The survey gave yet another round of power to the ruling Telugu Desam Party putting its MLAs count at 110 against 102 it had won in the last election. The survey also gave advantage to the ruling TDP on the special category status issue, while keeping the Opposition YSR Congress aside.
Interestingly, the survey gave negative results to some of the ruling party leaders, including Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who is said to be not in good terms with the media baron. Thus, it is clear that the survey is aimed at the rivals but special care was taken to project Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu as the best leader available in the State right now.
The YSR Congress reacted sharply to the survey. Its MLA from Narasaraopet in Guntur district, Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy discounted the survey and dared the TDP to come for by-elections if the party was so sure of its victory. He sought to advise the TDP to get the 22 defected MLAs resigned to their seats and seek fresh mandate if the party’s claims are to be believed.
The TDP is building up a positive image among the people towards the party and its policies in the government. The claims on uninterrupted power supply, cement roads and drains, toilets and houses, pension and insurance are its top claims, besides the Polavaram, Amaravati and investments to the State. As the party is getting ready for the next round of general elections, Chandrababu Naidu is focusing more on these programmes and schemes that would keep him in power.
But, the Opposition YSR Congress disapproves of these claims and says that people across the State are waiting for an opportunity to defeat the TDP. Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy said that the TDP had failed to implement its key poll promises like total loan waiver to the farmers, job for every house and unemployment stipend, reservations for Kapus and other castes. There is public anger on these issues and the YSR Congress is confident of its victory if elections are held at any point of time.
The crowd that is seen along with Jaganmohan Reddy in his Praja Sankalpa Yatra is an indication to the increasing anti-incumbency and the YSR Congress claims that TDP’s defeat is certain. However, the YSR Congress legislator had thrown an open challenge to the TDP to come for by-elections, which is to be responded yet by the TDP.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?