The Opposition YSR Congress Party had ridiculed the Telugu media house, Andhra Jyothi-sponsored poll survey which was released the previous day. The survey gave yet another round of power to the ruling Telugu Desam Party putting its MLAs count at 110 against 102 it had won in the last election. The survey also gave advantage to the ruling TDP on the special category status issue, while keeping the Opposition YSR Congress aside.
Interestingly, the survey gave negative results to some of the ruling party leaders, including Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who is said to be not in good terms with the media baron. Thus, it is clear that the survey is aimed at the rivals but special care was taken to project Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu as the best leader available in the State right now.
The YSR Congress reacted sharply to the survey. Its MLA from Narasaraopet in Guntur district, Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy discounted the survey and dared the TDP to come for by-elections if the party was so sure of its victory. He sought to advise the TDP to get the 22 defected MLAs resigned to their seats and seek fresh mandate if the party’s claims are to be believed.
The TDP is building up a positive image among the people towards the party and its policies in the government. The claims on uninterrupted power supply, cement roads and drains, toilets and houses, pension and insurance are its top claims, besides the Polavaram, Amaravati and investments to the State. As the party is getting ready for the next round of general elections, Chandrababu Naidu is focusing more on these programmes and schemes that would keep him in power.
But, the Opposition YSR Congress disapproves of these claims and says that people across the State are waiting for an opportunity to defeat the TDP. Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy said that the TDP had failed to implement its key poll promises like total loan waiver to the farmers, job for every house and unemployment stipend, reservations for Kapus and other castes. There is public anger on these issues and the YSR Congress is confident of its victory if elections are held at any point of time.
The crowd that is seen along with Jaganmohan Reddy in his Praja Sankalpa Yatra is an indication to the increasing anti-incumbency and the YSR Congress claims that TDP’s defeat is certain. However, the YSR Congress legislator had thrown an open challenge to the TDP to come for by-elections, which is to be responded yet by the TDP.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam