The Opposition YSR Congress Party had ridiculed the Telugu media house, Andhra Jyothi-sponsored poll survey which was released the previous day. The survey gave yet another round of power to the ruling Telugu Desam Party putting its MLAs count at 110 against 102 it had won in the last election. The survey also gave advantage to the ruling TDP on the special category status issue, while keeping the Opposition YSR Congress aside.
Interestingly, the survey gave negative results to some of the ruling party leaders, including Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who is said to be not in good terms with the media baron. Thus, it is clear that the survey is aimed at the rivals but special care was taken to project Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu as the best leader available in the State right now.
The YSR Congress reacted sharply to the survey. Its MLA from Narasaraopet in Guntur district, Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy discounted the survey and dared the TDP to come for by-elections if the party was so sure of its victory. He sought to advise the TDP to get the 22 defected MLAs resigned to their seats and seek fresh mandate if the party’s claims are to be believed.
The TDP is building up a positive image among the people towards the party and its policies in the government. The claims on uninterrupted power supply, cement roads and drains, toilets and houses, pension and insurance are its top claims, besides the Polavaram, Amaravati and investments to the State. As the party is getting ready for the next round of general elections, Chandrababu Naidu is focusing more on these programmes and schemes that would keep him in power.
But, the Opposition YSR Congress disapproves of these claims and says that people across the State are waiting for an opportunity to defeat the TDP. Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy said that the TDP had failed to implement its key poll promises like total loan waiver to the farmers, job for every house and unemployment stipend, reservations for Kapus and other castes. There is public anger on these issues and the YSR Congress is confident of its victory if elections are held at any point of time.
The crowd that is seen along with Jaganmohan Reddy in his Praja Sankalpa Yatra is an indication to the increasing anti-incumbency and the YSR Congress claims that TDP’s defeat is certain. However, the YSR Congress legislator had thrown an open challenge to the TDP to come for by-elections, which is to be responded yet by the TDP.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!