As per report at least three people were killed and over 50 others injured on Monday when an earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale jolted Japan's Osaka city. Japanese broadcaster NHK reported that the victims comprised a nine year old girl and two men. Meanwhile according to the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) the earthquake was recorded at 7.58 a.m. and had its hypo center at about 13 km depth in Osaka Prefecture on the island of Honshu, the largest in the Japanese archipelago.
However, no tsunami warning was issued. Moreover several buildings in Osaka and Takatsuki collapsed and were on fire. Furthermore the railway services in Osaka, Shiga, Kyoto and Nara, both high speed bullet trains and local rail services, were halted. Moreover Osaka's Kansai Airport has been shut down while its runways were being checked for damage.
Further the authorities said that none of the 15
nuclear reactors in this region have been affected by the quake. As per report
the Japanese government has set up a task force to gather information related
to the strong earthquake and the Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga,
called on citizens to keep an eye on developments through the media. Accordingly
around 170,000 houses in Osaka prefecture are experiencing power outages
following the quake.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers