Atlanta sources reported that the Asia Pacific American Network of Oregon said fifty-two Indians are among those held at a federal prison in Oregan under the Trump administration’s ”zero-tolerance” policy against illegal immigration. Meanwhile over the last month, 123 immigrants seeking asylum have been detained and transferred to Oregon’s Sheridan federal prison in Yamhill County.
Accordingly fifty-two listed India as their home country. Furthermore the migrants told a visiting congressional delegation they are locked up 22 to 23 hours a day, three to a cell. Meanwhile those with families say they have no idea where their wives or children are, and they fear they will be deported and separated from them forever.
Moreover President Donald Trump’s new “zero-tolerance” policy that
prosecutes and separates families of any one unauthorized to enter the country,
including people leaving their native country as a political refugee to seek
asylum protection is cruel and inhumane. Further this policy of family
separation needs to end now; and in the meantime, all detainees deserve legal
representation and fair treatment, starting with transparency about their
children’s whereabouts and humane detention conditions.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor