Atlanta sources reported that the Asia Pacific American Network of Oregon said fifty-two Indians are among those held at a federal prison in Oregan under the Trump administration’s ”zero-tolerance” policy against illegal immigration. Meanwhile over the last month, 123 immigrants seeking asylum have been detained and transferred to Oregon’s Sheridan federal prison in Yamhill County.
Accordingly fifty-two listed India as their home country. Furthermore the migrants told a visiting congressional delegation they are locked up 22 to 23 hours a day, three to a cell. Meanwhile those with families say they have no idea where their wives or children are, and they fear they will be deported and separated from them forever.
Moreover President Donald Trump’s new “zero-tolerance” policy that
prosecutes and separates families of any one unauthorized to enter the country,
including people leaving their native country as a political refugee to seek
asylum protection is cruel and inhumane. Further this policy of family
separation needs to end now; and in the meantime, all detainees deserve legal
representation and fair treatment, starting with transparency about their
children’s whereabouts and humane detention conditions.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day