The ruling BJP at the Centre is going hard exposing facts about the devolution of funds from the Centre to the States under various heads. The BJP, which had been soft towards the TDP before former minister Kanna Lakshminarayana taking charge, is now going hard and harder every passing day. BJP’s new president Kanna Lakshminarayana and new MP, G V L Narasimha Rao, are coming up with one issue or the other every day hitting hard at the TDP.
Though the BJP has no scope of gaining ground in the State even by hitting at the TDP, the leaders from this north Indian party are targeting the TDP and Chandrababu Naidu more than anyone. Their focus is more on countering the TDP than campaigning for the BJP and its government.
The other day, BJP AP chief Kanna Lakshminarayana said that the Central government had given Rs 1.50 lakh crore to the State in the last four years under various heads. Surprisingly, the leaders prior to him have claimed that the Central government had given Rs 1.50 lakh crore to the State exclusively for the road works. It was Nitin Gadhkari, who had announced Rs 1.20 crore worth of national highway projects for the State, which included the flyovers at Kanakadurga temple and Benz Circle in Vijayawada.
Narasimha Rao goes online every day hitting at the TDP government with some facts and figures. On the Kadapa steel plant issue, he had quoted the State government’s letter, duly written by AP Bhavan’s resident commissioner Praveen Prakash who wanted the Central government to give package to the State and not the steel plant or the special category status.
While the TDP has every reason to justify its views and stands on any issue, the BJP leaders are struggling to prove the TDP wrong. The media advantage that the TDP has is seen as disadvantage for the BJP or for that matter any other political party in the State. The BJP leaders are slowly realising that it is not as easy as they thought to counter Chandrababu Naidu’s campaign.
The BJP is getting hard-hitting criticism now from Kadapa on the steel plant issue where the TDP leaders are on indefinite hunger strike. It is to be seen how the BJP would counter it despite its claims of giving huge amount of money to the State in the last four years.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy