Hyderabad sources reported that sexual abuse in higher educational institutions continues to be a matter of grave concern. Recently a first year engineering student of IIT, Bombay, confessed to being abused by a senior who would generally target fresher’s and stated that he had complained about the incident to the Dean. Moreover, there was no response and no action was taken against the senior student.
As per report the confession which was posted online, was re-tweeted several times, even by alumni members who sought a quick and speedy action. However, the victim further posted that the perpetrator was going to walk away scot-free with no black mark on his record and most importantly, a job offer in hand. Meanwhile the case was especially noted as the complainant speaks about IIT Bombay which is the most preferred IIT by candidates among all the 23 IITs, especially by those who want to pursue computer science as a career. Around 15 more confessions poured in with regard to the same senior.
Accordingly Aditya Vignesh (name changed), a PhD
scholar in IIT-Bombay, said, “We were shocked when we saw the confession on our
Facebook page that even had a screenshot of the mail sent to the Dean. Moreover
it was saddening to note that this has been happening for long and many juniors
could not voice out against it. Further the incident has also come to the
limelight when applications are pouring in for IIT Bombay and we cannot even
begin to imagine how parents and students are feeling now”.
Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules Hyderabad sources reported that Cyberabad traffic police officials held a safety review meeting with officials from Swiggy, Zomato and Uber Eats following complaints from road users regarding traffic rule violations by food delivery personnel. Accordingly the complaints included drunken driving, rash driving, driving in the wrong direction signal jumping, indiscriminate honking, lane indiscipline
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India