Actor turned politician Kamal Hassan, who is in Delhi to complete registration of Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) political peat, had met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi yesterday. Kamal said that they discussed the Tamilnadu political situation.
Yesterday, Hassan had met Congress president Rahul Gandhi. After these meetings, news was out that the MNM leader won’t be discussing with other political leaders in his Delhi visit, which sparked rumors of a Congress alliance. However Kamal said it was a courtesy call.
Kamal added that it was too early to
decide on supporting the Congress in an attempt to unite opposition parties to
defeat the BJP in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls. Kamal Haasan had been constantly
developing new political friendships with non-BJP parties and had also
attended the swearing-in ceremony of Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy,
where he met Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?