Washington sources reported that Donald Trump will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to Britain next month, and many Brits are not amused. Meanwhile when speaking to Kay Burley of Sky News, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom confirmed the meeting. Robert Wood Johnson said when asked whether Trump's visit would involve seeing the queen "Yes, he has to see the head of state, by putting his foot on the ground of British soil, its job one very, very important, very symbolic".
He said during the interview "Meeting Her Majesty is the most important thing, because she's the head of state, and from there on, it will be what the president wants to do”. Meanwhile plans are still being finalized, Trump's July visit falls on Friday the 13th a date considered unlucky by some. Accordingly it will be Trump's first visit to Britain since being elected president in 2016.
Moreover on social media, news of the meeting did
not go down well and he finds it hard to believe the Queen would meet with
Trump," wrote another. Further after facing domestic and international
outrage, Trump issued an executive order Wednesday that ends family separation,
instead keeping families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution
for illegal border crossings. Hence the ambassador's confirmation of the
meeting with the queen comes after days of intense global condemnation of
Trump. Moreover Trump has long been a controversial figure in Britain and has
called into question the state of U.S.-British relations on numerous occasions.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week