Washington sources reported that Donald Trump will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to Britain next month, and many Brits are not amused. Meanwhile when speaking to Kay Burley of Sky News, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom confirmed the meeting. Robert Wood Johnson said when asked whether Trump's visit would involve seeing the queen "Yes, he has to see the head of state, by putting his foot on the ground of British soil, its job one very, very important, very symbolic".
He said during the interview "Meeting Her Majesty is the most important thing, because she's the head of state, and from there on, it will be what the president wants to do”. Meanwhile plans are still being finalized, Trump's July visit falls on Friday the 13th a date considered unlucky by some. Accordingly it will be Trump's first visit to Britain since being elected president in 2016.
Moreover on social media, news of the meeting did
not go down well and he finds it hard to believe the Queen would meet with
Trump," wrote another. Further after facing domestic and international
outrage, Trump issued an executive order Wednesday that ends family separation,
instead keeping families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution
for illegal border crossings. Hence the ambassador's confirmation of the
meeting with the queen comes after days of intense global condemnation of
Trump. Moreover Trump has long been a controversial figure in Britain and has
called into question the state of U.S.-British relations on numerous occasions.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites