Washington sources reported that Donald Trump will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to Britain next month, and many Brits are not amused. Meanwhile when speaking to Kay Burley of Sky News, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom confirmed the meeting. Robert Wood Johnson said when asked whether Trump's visit would involve seeing the queen "Yes, he has to see the head of state, by putting his foot on the ground of British soil, its job one very, very important, very symbolic".
He said during the interview "Meeting Her Majesty is the most important thing, because she's the head of state, and from there on, it will be what the president wants to do”. Meanwhile plans are still being finalized, Trump's July visit falls on Friday the 13th a date considered unlucky by some. Accordingly it will be Trump's first visit to Britain since being elected president in 2016.
Moreover on social media, news of the meeting did
not go down well and he finds it hard to believe the Queen would meet with
Trump," wrote another. Further after facing domestic and international
outrage, Trump issued an executive order Wednesday that ends family separation,
instead keeping families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution
for illegal border crossings. Hence the ambassador's confirmation of the
meeting with the queen comes after days of intense global condemnation of
Trump. Moreover Trump has long been a controversial figure in Britain and has
called into question the state of U.S.-British relations on numerous occasions.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day