Thoothukudi sources stated that according to Thoothukudi district collector, Mr. Sandeep Nanduri the other flammable substances stored at Sterlite copper industry in Thoothukudi too would be evacuated based on the report of the high level technical committee that thoroughly inspected the factory site.
Meanwhile when briefing on the ongoing process of the evacuation of sulphuric acid that commenced last Monday, following the reported leakage of the acid from its storage tank, the collector said that so far around 1,500 tonnes of sulphuric acid have been evacuated using 85 acid tanker lorries. Mr. Nandamuri said “A very small quantity is yet to be removed from the storage tank and the process would be completed within another day”.
Moreover the collector also added that a high level expert committee
comprising two retired professors from Anna University and IIT Madras, district
environmental engineer, TNPCB, district fire officer and inspector of factories
has already done a thorough study about the status of the other flammable
substances like phosphoric acid, LPG and diesel stored at the Sterlite complex. Further the sulphuric acid evacuated from the
copper smelter plant, however, was reportedly sold to the dying units and the
detergent manufacturers in Tirupur, Coimbatore and Salem regions.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers