Thoothukudi sources stated that according to Thoothukudi district collector, Mr. Sandeep Nanduri the other flammable substances stored at Sterlite copper industry in Thoothukudi too would be evacuated based on the report of the high level technical committee that thoroughly inspected the factory site.
Meanwhile when briefing on the ongoing process of the evacuation of sulphuric acid that commenced last Monday, following the reported leakage of the acid from its storage tank, the collector said that so far around 1,500 tonnes of sulphuric acid have been evacuated using 85 acid tanker lorries. Mr. Nandamuri said “A very small quantity is yet to be removed from the storage tank and the process would be completed within another day”.
Moreover the collector also added that a high level expert committee
comprising two retired professors from Anna University and IIT Madras, district
environmental engineer, TNPCB, district fire officer and inspector of factories
has already done a thorough study about the status of the other flammable
substances like phosphoric acid, LPG and diesel stored at the Sterlite complex. Further the sulphuric acid evacuated from the
copper smelter plant, however, was reportedly sold to the dying units and the
detergent manufacturers in Tirupur, Coimbatore and Salem regions.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations