Thoothukudi sources stated that according to Thoothukudi district collector, Mr. Sandeep Nanduri the other flammable substances stored at Sterlite copper industry in Thoothukudi too would be evacuated based on the report of the high level technical committee that thoroughly inspected the factory site.
Meanwhile when briefing on the ongoing process of the evacuation of sulphuric acid that commenced last Monday, following the reported leakage of the acid from its storage tank, the collector said that so far around 1,500 tonnes of sulphuric acid have been evacuated using 85 acid tanker lorries. Mr. Nandamuri said “A very small quantity is yet to be removed from the storage tank and the process would be completed within another day”.
Moreover the collector also added that a high level expert committee
comprising two retired professors from Anna University and IIT Madras, district
environmental engineer, TNPCB, district fire officer and inspector of factories
has already done a thorough study about the status of the other flammable
substances like phosphoric acid, LPG and diesel stored at the Sterlite complex. Further the sulphuric acid evacuated from the
copper smelter plant, however, was reportedly sold to the dying units and the
detergent manufacturers in Tirupur, Coimbatore and Salem regions.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington