Pattiseema lift irrigation scheme on Godavari river has been the bone of contention between the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the rest of the Opposition. While the TDP sees the project as a blessing for Krishna delta, the Opposition looks it at the source of corruption in the government. Interestingly, the Bharatiya Janata Party, after break-up with the TDP, is after this project making corruption allegations against the government.
BJP State president Kanna Lakshminarayana joined the critics on the project and had even dared to go to jail if he fails to prove the corruption. He said some big wigs in the government were involved in huge corruption and pocketed Rs 350 crore funds in Pattiseema project and some more funds were diverted to pockets of TDP leaders from Polavaram project too.
The TDP is slinging mud on BJP as if it has done nothing to AP, he said and added the Centre planned to complete the Polavaram project with Central funds but the AP government has rejected the proposal and stated that it would complete the project with its own expenditure. He recalled the AP government had passed a resolution in the Assembly and appreciated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for sanctioning huge funds for various projects. But, now Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has changed his stand towards Modi and blaming him.
Stating that the Centre will sanction railway zone for Visakhapatnam, Kanna said the other proposals like Dugarajapatnam port were under active consideration. Recalling that the TDP government has sent a report to the Centre that steel plant at Kadapa was not viable, the BJP chief said over 20,000 staff working under Sakshara Bharat Scheme lost their jobs because of TDP government’s negligence.He said the Centre had informed all the states to propose some other project as they had merged Sakshara Bharat scheme in a new project.
All states have sent proposals except AP and protected the jobs of these volunteers, he pointed out. Kanna said that Naidu lost his mental balance and it clearly reflected in his speeches. The BJP chief said, “We all should join hands to protect the people from Naidu and his Cabinet. Modi came into power with his efforts and hardworking but not like Naidu who grabbed the chair from TDP founder NT Rama Rao by back stabbing.”
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG