Washington sources reported that the American immigration system is unfair to those who came to the US legally and are waiting in line for years, President Donald Trump said yesterday as he once again pushed for a merit based immigration system. Meanwhile accordingly Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and came to the US mainly on H-1B work visas, are the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a 7% per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency.
Furthermore as a result, the current wait period for Indian skilled immigrants, as per some unofficial estimates, can be as long as 70 years. Trump said in a tweet "Our immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years. Immigration must be based on merit we need people who will help to 'Make America Great Again'”.
Moreover Trump's tweet could be seen as support to thousands of Indians
waiting in line for their green card, an overwhelming majority of whom are
highly educated professionals, but because of the country limit, Indians in
many cases have to wait for more than a decade to get legal permanent
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu