Bengaluru sources added that rattled with the poor rating given to Bengaluru by Swachh Bharat Survekshan 2018, a top official yesterday questioned the methodology adopted by the Centre for it and claimed the city fared much better than last year. Presently the city was ranked at 216th spot in the SBS-2018, released yesterday while Indore was first, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh in second and third place, whereas Mysuru, which was in fifth place last year, slipped to eighth place this year.
Bengaluru Mayor Sampath Raj told that “He said he would hold discussions with officials to find out the reasons behind the poor rating and we have to see what reasons Urban Development Ministry has given for the ranking. We have built 400 toilets and segregation at source is happening. So we don't know what parameter they have adopted".
Moreover the Mayor said he was shocked over Mysuru being rated below Indore
and Bhopal as he felt that the royal city was way better than the two cities in
Madhya Pradesh. Meanwhile, Kathyayini Chamaraj founder of Civic Bengaluru,
begged to differ, saying that dumping of waste at public places, littering by
citizens, poor handling of solid waste and zero segregation of waste at source
led to the poor rating. Further he said though manual handling of waste was
prohibited, it continued.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7