Bengaluru sources added that rattled with the poor rating given to Bengaluru by Swachh Bharat Survekshan 2018, a top official yesterday questioned the methodology adopted by the Centre for it and claimed the city fared much better than last year. Presently the city was ranked at 216th spot in the SBS-2018, released yesterday while Indore was first, followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh in second and third place, whereas Mysuru, which was in fifth place last year, slipped to eighth place this year.
Bengaluru Mayor Sampath Raj told that “He said he would hold discussions with officials to find out the reasons behind the poor rating and we have to see what reasons Urban Development Ministry has given for the ranking. We have built 400 toilets and segregation at source is happening. So we don't know what parameter they have adopted".
Moreover the Mayor said he was shocked over Mysuru being rated below Indore
and Bhopal as he felt that the royal city was way better than the two cities in
Madhya Pradesh. Meanwhile, Kathyayini Chamaraj founder of Civic Bengaluru,
begged to differ, saying that dumping of waste at public places, littering by
citizens, poor handling of solid waste and zero segregation of waste at source
led to the poor rating. Further he said though manual handling of waste was
prohibited, it continued.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations