Sources from Hyderabad added that Telangana stands first among all states in the country in terms of growth rate in state's own tax revenues. Meanwhile an official statement said with 17.6% growth rate in tax revenues from June 2014 to May 2018, Telangana tops the states, revealed the state government, quoting the information on the official website of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
Moreover according to CAG, Telangana has registered the highest growth rate of 17.6% followed by Haryana with 14.2%, Maharashtra with 13.9%, Odisha with 12.4% and West Bengal with 10.3%. Moreover Telangana's growth rate was 13.7% during 2015-16, 21.1% during 2016-17 and 16.8% during 2017-18. Accordingly the Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao said that the progressive financial policies, fiscal discipline, the commitment of the people in paying taxes to the government, resulted in the Telangana state achieving the highest average growth rate.
KCR added that despite the effects of demonetization and GST on the
finances of the state, Telangana could achieve stable growth rate. Further he
also said that the growth rate will also help the government in better
implementation of development and welfare programs in the state.
Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh In an innovative move by EC today issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter of the day in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Bypolls for assembly elections are undergoing in the state. Election commission of India initiated a novel way to encourage the voters to exercise their franchise enthusiastically, they issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter in Manikpur polling booth in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Uma Shankar was the first voter in the morn
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana
- TSRTC JAC announced Huge Public Meeting on October 30
- Decision on the status of Pakistan be taken by FATF in February 2020
- IMD predicts Heavy rain in Coastal AP
- First of the ten metro trains proposed for Chennai phase I extension reached