Chennai sources reported that the resolution mentions that all the states must be consulted and a consensus must be reached on the contents of the bill before it is passed in the Parliament. Accordingly the resolution, introduced in the Assembly by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, was passed unanimously.
Meanwhile the resolution mentions that since the bill has clauses that affect Tamilnadu’s rights on its dams and could cause issues in the operation and maintenance of the dams owned by TN but built in other states, the Central government must act to resolve the issues before it passes the bill. Earlier on June 15, the CM had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to keep the bill in abeyance till a consensus was reached between the states on the issues affecting them.
Moreover the CM had said that J Jayalalitha, the
former Chief Minister of TN, had conveyed the state’s objections to certain
clauses in the draft of the Dam Safety Bill. Accordingly he also said that the
Centre had not revised the draft since 2016 and hence it was understood that
the bill had been passed in its original form by the Union Cabinet on June 13.
1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum Shivamogga sources report from over 1,000 "rockets" used during the period of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan have been unearthed from the silt of an abandoned well at a village in Shivamogga district. Meanwhile the workers digging an old well at an area garden at Bidanuru stumbled upon the 'iron cased' cylindrical type of rockets used during the period.
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto