Chennai sources added that in the eight odd months that he has been Tamilnadu Governor, Banwarilal Purohit has courted one controversy after another whether it is meeting officials during his tour of various districts, or his name figuring in the alleged sex for case tape or patting a woman journalist on the cheek in response to a question.
Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu have now come together to protest against Governor Purohit, who they allege is going beyond his Constitutional mandate and interfering in state administration. Moreover besides the DMK, the MDMK led by Vaiko, CPI, CPI (M) and TTV Dhinakaran’s AMMK have all hit out at the Governor, accusing him of acting beyond his powers and issuing threats to political parties.
Accordingly as per Article 167 of the Association it is the
Chief Minister’s duty to furnish information to the Governor, with regard to
all decisions of the council of Ministers, proposals for legislation, administration
of the state etc. Moreover when speaking to TNM, N Sathiyamoorthy,
Director of Chennai chapter of Observer Research Foundation, says, “Here it is
not the state government that is protesting the infringement of their autonomy
but ironically, it is the opposition that is saying so.”
Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm Chennai sources stated that the 'Rahul for Prime Minister' proposal from DMK chief MK Stalin has kicked up a storm all around, besides triggering a bombshell of a recall from the inimitable Dr Subramanian Swamy. Meanwhile the former Law Minister tweeted on Monday "He do not know why some parties want to declare Rahul Gandhi as next PM as self confessed in writing that he is British citizen
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!