Chennai sources added that in the eight odd months that he has been Tamilnadu Governor, Banwarilal Purohit has courted one controversy after another whether it is meeting officials during his tour of various districts, or his name figuring in the alleged sex for case tape or patting a woman journalist on the cheek in response to a question.
Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu have now come together to protest against Governor Purohit, who they allege is going beyond his Constitutional mandate and interfering in state administration. Moreover besides the DMK, the MDMK led by Vaiko, CPI, CPI (M) and TTV Dhinakaran’s AMMK have all hit out at the Governor, accusing him of acting beyond his powers and issuing threats to political parties.
Accordingly as per Article 167 of the Association it is the
Chief Minister’s duty to furnish information to the Governor, with regard to
all decisions of the council of Ministers, proposals for legislation, administration
of the state etc. Moreover when speaking to TNM, N Sathiyamoorthy,
Director of Chennai chapter of Observer Research Foundation, says, “Here it is
not the state government that is protesting the infringement of their autonomy
but ironically, it is the opposition that is saying so.”
New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020 Accordingly Vizhinjam Port, one of Kerala's dream projects that have been hanging fire for over 25 years, will be commissioned in October 2020. Meanwhile when addressing reporters in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, Rajesh Jha, CEO, Adani Vizhinjam Port Pvt Ltd, said that even though the original agreement was to complete the work and commission the port in 1,425 days, due to some issues it has been postponed to October 2020.
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir