Chennai sources added that in the eight odd months that he has been Tamilnadu Governor, Banwarilal Purohit has courted one controversy after another whether it is meeting officials during his tour of various districts, or his name figuring in the alleged sex for case tape or patting a woman journalist on the cheek in response to a question.
Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu have now come together to protest against Governor Purohit, who they allege is going beyond his Constitutional mandate and interfering in state administration. Moreover besides the DMK, the MDMK led by Vaiko, CPI, CPI (M) and TTV Dhinakaran’s AMMK have all hit out at the Governor, accusing him of acting beyond his powers and issuing threats to political parties.
Accordingly as per Article 167 of the Association it is the
Chief Minister’s duty to furnish information to the Governor, with regard to
all decisions of the council of Ministers, proposals for legislation, administration
of the state etc. Moreover when speaking to TNM, N Sathiyamoorthy,
Director of Chennai chapter of Observer Research Foundation, says, “Here it is
not the state government that is protesting the infringement of their autonomy
but ironically, it is the opposition that is saying so.”
Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections? Hyderabad sources stated that caretaker minister K.T. Rama Rao offered to quit politics once and for all if the TRS lost the elections. Replying to a volley of questions posed by journalists at a Meet the Press organized by the Hyderabad Press Club, he asked if any of the Opposition leaders were prepared to accept his challenge of quitting politics if their parties lost the polls. Meanwhile he said there were as many as seven surveys
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal