Chennai sources stated that the Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami had asserted that the crime rate in Tamilnadu has significantly reduced under the AIADMK regime. Meanwhile when replying to remarks made by the Opposition leader M K Stalin the Assembly in the course of the debate on the demands for grants for Home Department, Mr. Palaniswami said the government took stringent action against those disrupting law and order in the State.
Moreover to back his claim, he cited how the crime rate in the State had increased by 5.1% during the previous DMK period, but had significantly come down to 2.90% under the AIADMK rule now. Further Mr. Palaniswami pointed out that during the earlier DMK rule and there were a total of 67 police firings until 2010 with at least 33 persons losing their lives.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said that a Sulur based paan masala factory
near Coimbatore was raided and 'gutka' packets seized earlier this year. Recently
a special team has been constituted to investigate and arrest its owner, Amit
Jain. The CM added that a DMK MLA had protested this action, but the firm which
had been allegedly making 'gutka' since 2011 was distributing it to Madurai and
surrounding areas, said the Chief Minister.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees