Presently the Union Home Ministry has said that even ministers and officers will not be allowed to come too close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi amidst "all-time high" threat to his life. Further by citing an "unknown threat" to Modi, Union Home Ministry told the Special Protection Group (SPG) that ministers, officers can't come close to Modi unless cleared by them.
Furthermore this is following the Pune Police's revelation to the court that they had seized a "letter" from the Delhi residence of one of the five people arrested for having alleged "links" with the banned CPI (Maoist). Moreover besides this, during Modi's recent visit to West Bengal, a man was able to break through six layers of security to touch the prime minister's feet, sending shivers down the backbone of the security officials.
Presently with the two developments, Home Minister Rajnath Singh held a
meeting with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Union Home Secretary Rajiv
Gauba and Intelligence Bureau Director Rajiv Jain to review the prime
minister's security in the wake of inputs about threat to the prime minister's
life. Moreover in the meeting, Rajnath had directed that all necessary measures
be taken in consultation with other agencies to suitably strengthen Modi's
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day