Port Moresby sources made a statement that an outbreak of polio has been confirmed in Papua New Guinea, 18 years after the country was declared free of the disease. Media report added that public health emergency has been declared. As per report at least three provinces Morobe, Madang and the Eastern Highlands confirmed the outbreak of the potentially deadly virus over this week following a meeting by the National Executive Council.
Minister for Health Puka Temu said the public health emergency order will remain in place for at least 12 months. Accordingly the World Health Organization (WHO) says the virus was detected in a six year old boy in April. Moreover the same strain of the virus has now been detected in other healthy children in the same community, making it officially an outbreak.
As per report polio has no cure and can lead to irreversible paralysis and
moreover it mainly affects children under the age of five, and can only be
prevented by giving a child multiple vaccine doses.
Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections Accordingly a group of people who call themselves as the voice of Scheduled Classes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes and Muslims, have launched 'Caravan e haq', a movement which will be spread across Telangana and will demand for the rights of neglected classes. Meanwhile this group
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'