Tehran sources reported that an Iranian oil official said on Wednesday that it is not an easy task to block the country's crude from the global market. Presently some European companies, such as Shell and Total, have stopped buying Iranian oil over the past few weeks and Iran is still exporting oil to Europe, Asia and elsewhere in the world.
The officials at the Iranian Petroleum Ministry said a day earlier, a senior US State Department official said told the US has been pushing its allies to stop oil imports from Iran by November 4. The Iranian official said "This big claim (of cutting Iran oil supply) is not feasible. Last month, Iran exported 2.8 million barrels of crude oil and condensate per day".
The official added "Removing this from the global market in a few
months is not possible”. Moreover he noted "Iran is prepared for the worst
case scenarios" in case the US pressures take effect. Furthermore there is
no surplus capacity for countries such as Saudi Arabia and the United Arab
Emirates to supply oil for a long term". Moreover Washington vowed to
re-impose sanctions against Iran and inflict punishments including secondary
sanctions on countries that have business links with the Islamic republic.
Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam Sources from Nagapattinam stated that According to Tamil Nadu State Disaster Management Authority, as many as 76,290 people were evacuated from low lying areas and sheltered at over 300 relief centres in six districts including Nagapattinam, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram and Tiruvarur. As per report holiday has been declared for educational institutions in Nagapattinam.
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai