Atlanta sources reported that in an election race keenly followed by the Indian-American community, Maryland state legislator Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in the Democratic primary for the vacant seat in the state’s 6th District. Meanwhile the loss foiled her attempt to become only the second Indian-American to be elected to the US House of Representatives after Pramila Jayapal of Washington State.
She said in a statement, after conceding victory to Trone “While we did not prevail, we did make a difference. We stood up to ensure a voice of diversity was part of the electoral process". She added "She is eager to work with the Democratic Party to fight back against Donald Trump this November". Moreover Trone, who reportedly spent over $10 million of his own money on his campaign, won a comfortable victory with 40.4% of votes over Miller who got 30.6%.
Miller added “Her political interest was sparked by
the Bush v Gore election in 2000, where the fate of our country was not
determined by the voters but rather by the Supreme Court. It was then she
realized that Democracy needed her. Not as a bystander or to cast a vote when
there’s an election and she needed to engage and empower others every
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code