Telugu Desam Party MP C M Ramesh is on indefinite hunger strike at Kadapa seeking steel plant. His fast entered 10th day on Friday and is said to be continuing it for one more day. The party MPs are holding simultaneous protest in the national capital.
Claiming that the protest on steel plant is successful, Anakapalli MP Avanti Srinivas is now getting ready for his own show at Visakhapatnam seeking railway zone. It is said that Srinivas had decided to launch his pack of indefinite hunger strike in Visakhapatnam once C M Ramesh fast is concluded at Kadapa.
The TDP leaders want to keep the pressure on the Central government and also keep the sentiments of the people alive so that it would benefit the party in the next elections. After steel plant issue at Kadapa, in all probability it would be the railway zone issue at Visakhapatnam which is potential issue to reach out to the people.
The TDP remained silent for four years on these issues and had now taken up fight holding the BJP responsible for denial of the bifurcation benefits. First it started with the special category status demand for the State and now spreading slowly on issues like steel plant and railway zone. The party looks forward to several other bifurcation issues like coastal corridor, petro corridor, central institutions, Polavaram and capital city. The party wants to take up these issues one after the other to keep the fight and the political tempo on.
The party senior leaders have welcomed the initiative of Avanti Srinivas to go on indefinite fast but have asked him to wait for the conclusion of C M Ramesh fast in Kadapa. Chandrababu Naidu is likely to end this fast on Saturday as he is scheduled to visit the town.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!