Telugu Desam Party MP C M Ramesh is on indefinite hunger strike at Kadapa seeking steel plant. His fast entered 10th day on Friday and is said to be continuing it for one more day. The party MPs are holding simultaneous protest in the national capital.
Claiming that the protest on steel plant is successful, Anakapalli MP Avanti Srinivas is now getting ready for his own show at Visakhapatnam seeking railway zone. It is said that Srinivas had decided to launch his pack of indefinite hunger strike in Visakhapatnam once C M Ramesh fast is concluded at Kadapa.
The TDP leaders want to keep the pressure on the Central government and also keep the sentiments of the people alive so that it would benefit the party in the next elections. After steel plant issue at Kadapa, in all probability it would be the railway zone issue at Visakhapatnam which is potential issue to reach out to the people.
The TDP remained silent for four years on these issues and had now taken up fight holding the BJP responsible for denial of the bifurcation benefits. First it started with the special category status demand for the State and now spreading slowly on issues like steel plant and railway zone. The party looks forward to several other bifurcation issues like coastal corridor, petro corridor, central institutions, Polavaram and capital city. The party wants to take up these issues one after the other to keep the fight and the political tempo on.
The party senior leaders have welcomed the initiative of Avanti Srinivas to go on indefinite fast but have asked him to wait for the conclusion of C M Ramesh fast in Kadapa. Chandrababu Naidu is likely to end this fast on Saturday as he is scheduled to visit the town.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018