Chennai sources reported that no state board student made it to the top 10 in the rank list for MBBS or BDS admissions based on National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Neet) marks in the state. As per report there are eight CBSE students and two ISC students in the top 10 of MBBS rank list. Recently Health minister C. Vijayabaskar released the rank list for students seeking admission in government and self-financing colleges in government quota and for management seats in self-financing colleges on Thursday.
Accordingly there were 21,204 state board applicants, while 5,449 CBSE students have submitted applications. Moreover in all, 605 students from ISC board have submitted the applications and 809 students were from other states for government quota seats. Furthermore among the top 10 rank holders, four students are from Chennai, while others are from other districts across the state.
Recently only two girls made it to the top 10.In
the state list for government quota seats, applications of total 25,417
students 10,473 boys, 17,593 girls and a transgender have been accepted out of
28,067 applications received. Further the first phase counseling is expected to
begin on July 1, beginning with counseling for special category students that
includes sports persons, children of ex-servicemen and physically challenged
candidates and hence the first phase counseling will end on July 10.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries