Accordingly a day before Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about how Kabir Das preached unity while addressing a gathering in Maghar, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath declined to wear a cap offered by the caretaker of the poet’s mausoleum. Meanwhile when speaking to media on Thursday, Khadim Hussain, who took over as caretaker after his father died three years ago, said, “For generations, his family members have been caretakers of Kabir’s mazaar (shrine) here and he took over from his father Shabbir Hussain Ansari following his death and this is the first time anyone has refused the wear the cap.”
Moreover he added that he has no hard feelings, and understood that the CM could not wear it, being part of the BJP. Earlier on Wednesday, when Adityanath came to the mausoleum, Khadim said he offered him a cap to cover his head, as per tradition. He added “The chief minister politely refused the cap with a smile and said that he accepts it but does not wear it”.
Further Khadim said, “We have given it to several
people and he remembers, years ago, a white cap was given to Mulayam Singh
Yadav, who wore it immediately. It was a yellow fur cap, which he was also
wearing, but we have no hard feelings, we understand. There is BJP government
and he does not wear a cap, so he did not wear it.” Further in Maghar, Kabir’s
mausoleum is situated next to a temple, which is seen as a symbol of unity.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations