According to sources a UK based research platform has compiled a list of cities applying some key parameters, like internet speed, cost of living, infrastructure score, availability of investors, valuation that the tech startups are able to notch up and so on. Meanwhile their evaluation has found that after Boulder, in the USA, Bengaluru is the second most attractive spot. As per report, the city has the following stats where the average internet speed is 11Mbps, hosts 7504 startups and attracts an average valuation of $3.4 million and there are 6236 investors in startups from this city.
Meanwhile these findings follow another report appearing earlier which had placed Bengaluru in the 19th spot when it comes to the cities being hi-tech and offers around 22% of all jobs in the technology category. Furthermore private enterprise is largely behind these accomplishments, it must also be acknowledged that the government in the state of Karnataka has been taking many initiatives to promote the startup environment, allocating funds.
Accordingly the state has set itself a target of
supporting 20,000 startups in the tech sector by the year 2020 and a corpus of
$47.3 million has been set aside for this. Moreover in another move, the state
has designated a project Elevate100, which is aimed at picking the best 100
startups and shepherd them to their next level of business operations. Further
apart from Boulder and Bengaluru, some of the other preferred cities figuring
in the study include Johannesburg in South Africa, Stockholm, Sweden and
Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam Sources from Nagapattinam stated that According to Tamil Nadu State Disaster Management Authority, as many as 76,290 people were evacuated from low lying areas and sheltered at over 300 relief centres in six districts including Nagapattinam, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram and Tiruvarur. As per report holiday has been declared for educational institutions in Nagapattinam.
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai