Chennai sources stated that thirty six year old Sathyasri Sharmila is Tamilnadu's first transgender to enroll in Tamilnadu and Puducherry Bar Council and register herself as a lawyer on Saturday. Meanwhile as per report she said as she sat among the 485 other lawyers, her name definitely stood out. Further the going surely got tough, but when the judges called out her name as the first transgender lawyer in the state, she forgot all her woes.
She was born as Udhayakumar in Paramakudi, Ramanathapuram district, Sharmila left her home to study law in Salem at the age of 18 and eventually changed her name to Sathyasri Sharmila. Meanwhile she, however, enrolled as a man in Salem Government College to study law, which posed its own set of difficulties. She said "She left home but could not stay in the college hostel and she could not live among men because she identified herself as a woman. Neither could she live with girls because she enrolled as a man".
Moreover she said "It was the plight of our community that made me
decide to take up law. Apart from that, it was her father's dream to see me as a
lawyer". Moreover after appreciating her efforts, Tamilnadu Transgender
Welfare Association said that their community would be represented in the
lawyers' community. Sudha, member of the association said "Apart from
representation, we would also be respected”.
Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images Washington sources reported that For President Donald Trump in Paris, America first meant largely America alone. Meanwhile at a weekend commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, the president who proudly declares himself a "nationalist" stood apart, even on a continent where his brand of populism is on the rise.
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23