Chennai sources stated that thirty six year old Sathyasri Sharmila is Tamilnadu's first transgender to enroll in Tamilnadu and Puducherry Bar Council and register herself as a lawyer on Saturday. Meanwhile as per report she said as she sat among the 485 other lawyers, her name definitely stood out. Further the going surely got tough, but when the judges called out her name as the first transgender lawyer in the state, she forgot all her woes.
She was born as Udhayakumar in Paramakudi, Ramanathapuram district, Sharmila left her home to study law in Salem at the age of 18 and eventually changed her name to Sathyasri Sharmila. Meanwhile she, however, enrolled as a man in Salem Government College to study law, which posed its own set of difficulties. She said "She left home but could not stay in the college hostel and she could not live among men because she identified herself as a woman. Neither could she live with girls because she enrolled as a man".
Moreover she said "It was the plight of our community that made me
decide to take up law. Apart from that, it was her father's dream to see me as a
lawyer". Moreover after appreciating her efforts, Tamilnadu Transgender
Welfare Association said that their community would be represented in the
lawyers' community. Sudha, member of the association said "Apart from
representation, we would also be respected”.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?